192.168.l.l is an IP address used by many routers and modems as the default gateway. 192.168.1.1 address can be used by the users to gain the router admin access and configure their routers and networks.
A router can take several IP addresses but the most common one is 192.168.l.l. Besides 192.168.l.l, 192.168.0.1 and 10.0.0.1 are also common.
Through the admin panel, one can manage a lot of options including Security Options, Network Management, IP QoS, DNS, proxy, LAN, WAN, WLAN settings, DSL, ADSL, MAC, WPS block and many others.
How to Login to 192.168.l.l?
If you need to access your router’s options and configurations, you can always access it through 192.168.l.l. Logging to router’s admin page is really easy, follow these steps:
- Open http://192.168.1.1 or type 192.168.l.l into your browser’s URL bar.
- Once the page open, you will be directed to the user login page. There you will have to enter the router username and password. (Most of the routers have the default Username: Admin/User and Password: admin)
- Once you enter the router’s login credentials, you will be logged in to the router’s admin control panel.
How to find router IP address?
If you are unable to access your router’s admin panel at 192.168.l.l then it would be that your network might be using any other address, most probably it would be 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.2.1. Here is complete list of Router IP addresses.
Forgot IP Address Username and Password?
If you have forgotten the IP Address Username and Password or if the default login credentials are not working then go to our list of user and passwords. Alternately you can –
- Look at the box in which the router came. Most of the times companies mention about the username, password, and IP address on the box.
- If you had changed your password and now forgot it then you will have to reset the router to factory settings. To do that, on the back of the router you will find a hidden reset button. Press and hold that button for 10 seconds using a thin and sharp object such as a needle or toothpick.