Before you can configure your internet router, you will have to log on to it and to log on, you will need to know the IP address of your router. All of the internet routers/modems can be accessed through a special IP address, most of the times which are 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1.
You can configure your internet router through any Web Browser and most of the home networks use the IP addresses which start with 192.168.
To find the IP Address of your Internet Router, follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt from the start menu or type “cmd” in the search bar.
- Type in the following command “ipconfig”.
- A set of values will appear. Look for the default gateway.
- This will be your router’s admin panel IP address.
Method # 1
- Open a terminal window ( Finder>Applications>Utilities>Terminal.app ).
- Type in the following command “netstat -nr | grep default”.
- It will show you the gateway address which is your router’s IP address.
Alternatively, you can also check your router’s IP address by another method:
Method # 2
- Click on the Apple menu at the top of the screen,
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on the Network Icon.
- Select an appropriate network connection
- Click on the Advanced button.
- By clicking on the TCP/IP section, you will find the IP address of your router.
- Open a Terminal Window (Applications>System Tools>Terminal).
- Type in the following commands: “ip route | grep default” or “ifconfig”.
- Look for inet address. This will be your router’s IP address.
- Launch the Settings app
- Head over to the Wi-Fi section.
- Click on the wireless network that you are currently connected to.
- In the DHCP or Static tab section, look for Router.
- This will be your router’s IP address.
Unfortunately, Android doesn’t have the native option to check out the router’s IP address. So, you will have to use any third-party app to find out the IP address of your router such as Wi-Fi Analyzer.
- Click on the notification area on the taskbar.
- A list will appear, click on Connected to [Network Name].
- Click on the name of your wireless network.
- When the network information shows up, click on the Network tab to find out the IP address of your router.
One thought on “How to find the Router IP Address?”