This is the basic setup and configuration for most of the ASUS Routers. The Setup and Configuration may vary according to different models but most models have the same configuration.
Make sure that you follow every step carefully. Let’s get started!
- Connect your PC to the ASUS Router using a LAN/Ethernet cable.
- Open your Web Browser.
- Type in the Default Gateway Address. The default gateway address for ASUS routers is http://192.168.1.1.
- You will be asked to log in into your router. Enter login credentials. For ASUS routers, the default username is admin and the default password is password.
- Your Router will now try to detect your Internet Connection and its type.
- Type in the details for your Wireless Network( Connection Name SSID, Password etc)
- After that check the details and click on Next.
- Your Router is now configured for your Internet Connection.
By following these aforementioned steps, you will be able to configure your router for your Interner Connection and one very good thing about ASUS routers is that it detects your Internet Connection Type automatically.